2011年3月27日星期日

Tsunami: The Aftermath

I was never a fan of disaster movies. I watched the "Titanic" for its romance scenes, and I didn't watch the very famous "Day After Tomorrow" as well as "2012". Therefore when Mr. Ken asked us watch this movie, Tsunami: The Aftermath, I wasn't really interested to find out the stories behind it. It is this weekend while I was doing online studying, I found this movie is actually about a true disaster, the 2004 Indian Ocean Earthquake & Tsunami. This disaster hit Phuket island and other regions, on 26 December 2004, one day after the Christmas, killed over 230,000 people in 14 countries.

This movie is about lives of a group of people who has been through that disaster at Phuket. There are survivals who have missed their family members and friends, reporters, local Thai citizens. It was a painful experience to all of them. I was also deeply attracted by this true story. After watching the movie, I was thinking that, we are so fragile comparing the great power of the nature. Although not everyone would go through such events, we all somehow had occasions with pains and tears. How are we able to survive and get back to a normal life if the same thing happened on us? Will we be able to walk out of the shadow and resume pursuing our dreams?

7 years have passed, Phuket has become even more crowded than before. There are new hotels, restaurants, resorts all over the place. Westerners still keep coming to this tiny island for holidays without worrying at another tragedy at all. I'm not seeing many reports on the stories of those survivals. I hope they are okay. The new tourists may have forgotten what happened there, or even forgotten we all take a part in protecting the nature to avoid any tragedy in future. At least this movie will always remind us of all the sorrows and pains and yes, we will not forget it.

没有评论:

发表评论